Machinery Insurance covers Plant and Machinery successfully tested and commissioned for normal production against all sudden and unforeseen breakdown.
Machinery Insurance cover is also extended for plant, machinery and mechanical equipment during operation or at rest or being dismantled for the purpose of cleaning or overhauling within the premises or during subsequent re-erection. All type of Machinery, Plant, electrical and mechanical equipment may be covered under Machinery Insurance against “all risks accident” supplementing the coverage offered by fire insurance.
Loss or damage covered under machinery insurance due to the following causes:
- Faulty design
- Faults at workshop or in erection
- Defects in casting and material and manufacturing
- Faulty operation, lack of skill, negligence, malicious acts
- Tearing apart on account of centrifugal force
- Physical explosion, flue gas explosion in boilers
- Electrical causes such as short circuit
- Shortage of water in boilers
- Storm, frost, drifting ice