Electronic Equipment Insurance
Electronic Equipment Insurance covers all electronic equipment like Microprocessors, Audio-visual equipment, Telecommunication equipment, Electro-medical installations, Material testing & research equipment and other office equipment like Photocopier, scanning machines etc.
Electronic equipment insurance is an accident insurance on an all risks basis covering all sudden and unforeseen losses unless specifically excluded whilst insured items are at work or at rest, or being dismantled for the purpose of cleaning, overhauling or being shifted within the premises, or in the course of the aforesaid operations, or during subsequent erection after commissioning.
Major Risks covered:
- Fire, lightning, explosion
- Smoke, soot, corrosive gases
- Water and humidity
- Failure of air conditioning
- Short circuit and other electrical causes
- Design, manufacturing, assembly and erection faults, defects in casting and material, workshop errors, bad workmanship
- Faulty operation, lack of skill, gross negligence
- Malicious acts of workmen, employees, third parties
- Hail, frost